Many people ask the question, “Where to buy Soy Candles?” With so many candles on the market and so many different wax and wax blends, this is a legitimate and great question. If you’re interested in purchasing soy wax candles, you can purchase them here from us at 912 Candle Co. Visit our website at www.912candle.com We have 10 premiums scented, hand poured, vegan & cruelty Free candles to choose from. Serious candle connoisseurs know that the wax a candle is curated from makes a big difference in the worth of one’s investment and the environmental impact it has on one’s space. We at 912 Candle co understands that an all-natural wax free from artificial ingredients is best for our consumers and our environment.
Soy is a great product to work with in candle making. It is completely renewable. Soy wax candles are comprised of a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. Converting the soybeans to a wax is quite interesting. The beans are cleaned, cracked and de-hulled after harvesting. Once de-hulled the beans are then rolled into flakes and oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. This process then results into a natural vegetable wax. The husk that remains after the hydrogenation process is then used as animal feed.
This places soy candles at a great advantage over other oils such as paraffin as the only limit to the soy supply is how much is grown. The US grows the vast majority of the world’s soybeans. Soybeans is one of the major agriculture crops grown in the United States behind that of corn. More than 80 percent of soybeans are cultivated in the upper Midwest. States such as Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota are the leading soybean producing states. Historical data shows that large-scale soybean production did not begin until the 20th century.
Paraffin wax is considered one of the more popular candle waxes due to its inexpensive cost. Paraffin is a product of the oil purification process from petroleum, coal or oil shale and is the product left after the waxy substance from the crude oil is removed. Paraffin was discovered in 1830 by Carl Reichenbach in Germany. This marked a major advancement in candle making because it burned more cleanly and reliably than the tallow candles being used at that time. Also, the paraffin candles were cheaper to produce.
While the oil reserves are shrinking globally, the price of paraffin will begin to increase. U.S. crude oil reserves and lease condensates declined 19%, from 47.2 billion barrels to 38.2 billion barrels at the end of 2020. With paraffin wax, being a byproduct of oil, the shrinking reserves could result in an increasing price of paraffin. This will surely impact paraffin as an entry point material within the candle making industry as it could potentially be comparable in price to that of soy some day.
In addition to soy candles sustainability, Soy is also eco-friendly, renewable and carbon neutral. When a soy candle is well made, they burn cleaner and slower providing excellent performance, beauty and better dollar value. Other advantages of choosing soy wax over a different type of candle wax is that soy wax burns cleaner and results in less soot. While all candles emit some black soot while burning, soy wax emits less. Soy wax is also an excellent fragrance carrier and doesn’t require chemical amplifiers. No chemical amplifiers will result in a well-balance true to scent candle. Soy also has some general properties that include:
- Non-Toxic – meaning that soy wax is not poisonous.
- Made of either 100% soybean oil or a combination of other non-soy materials (animal products and or other vegetable products
- Clean-burning fuel source – meaning soy wax meets several requirements under federal regulations that classify it as clean-burning.
- Colorless – meaning the wax itself does not contain any color and typically appears opaque.
Soy wax will also burn anywhere between 30 percent to 50 percent longer than a paraffin candle depending on the height and width of the candle and the length of the wick and other factors. To maximize how long your sox candle burns, you should trim the candle wick down to ⅛ - ¼ inch before relighting. Never burn your candle for more than four hours, as this can cause the wax to overheat.
Let us introduce you to a few of our favorite soy candles from our website.
- Divine Masculine (Amber + Bergamot) – This soy candle represents the masculine, strong, beautiful, intriguing and alluring energy in one’s life. This soy wax candle is curate with premium all natural fragrance oils including essential oils such as clove and is the perfect blend of Amber & Bergamot.
To purchase Divine Masculine, go to - https://912candle.com/products/divine-masculine
- Divine Feminine (Patchouli + Jasmine) – This soy candle is the embodiment of the sacred Divine Feminine energy in your life. She’s sexy, intriguing and sophisticated. The sweet floral of the jasmine marries exceptionally well with the woody earthy fragrance of the patchouli leaving you longing for more. This scented soy candle is absolutely amazing.
To purchase Divine Feminine, go to - https://912candle.com/products/divine-feminine
- Tranquility (Floral + Clean Cotton) – This soy candle simple reminds you to enjoy the simple things in life while transporting you on a stroll through a beautiful meadow. Peace, tranquility and joy is the essence of this work of art.
To purchase Tranquility, go to - https://912candle.com/products/tranquility
- The Sphinx Speaks (Lavender + White Musk) – This soy blend candle is infused with natural oils, including spearmint, lavender, clove and eucalyptus. This is a full body experience with complex sophisticated notes sure to transport you to the feet of the Great Sphinx to ascertain a nugget of wisdom. We hand pour this soy candle in beautiful concrete containers. When wisdom speaks, everyone should listen as the Sphinx has a lot to say.
To purchase Tranquility, go to - https://912candle.com/products/the-sphinx-speaks
For more luxury soy candles check out our website. There you can buy many more fragrance blends along with soy wax melts and decorative soy candles as well. See you soon!